Best Food

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
In all fairness to the fish, that camera was a $20 point and shoot set to auto. lol They looked 1000 times better in person. And in all fairness to the food, it would have to be pretty substandard food for that species to look poor. They are an amazing fish, with amazing overall coloration. I only parted with them because of their constant drama, even in temps in the mid to upper 60's.

DRC

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
What is considered the best food for natives in captivity ? Mine acclimated quickly to blood worms but just seem to ignore other stuff.
Mine were just little bitty guys when I first got them, and all they would eat was freeze dried blood worms. So I sprinkled what I wanted them to eat in among the blood worms so that they would eat some at least accidentally and eventually learn that it was food. I would also drop it near the filter return so that the water flow would give it some movement and attract the attention of the fish.

American Warrior

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2019
In all fairness to the fish, that camera was a $20 point and shoot set to auto. lol They looked 1000 times better in person. And in all fairness to the food, it would have to be pretty substandard food for that species to look poor. They are an amazing fish, with amazing overall coloration. I only parted with them because of their constant drama, even in temps in the mid to upper 60's.
The LMB was there first, so even though the longear is some larger, the bass started to make sure the sunny knew who was boss, hence the split fin on the sunny. Now after a few days together they seem to be cool with each other & i'm glad. I hate drama in a tank also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store