best looking schooling fish

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
andyjs;3305407; said:
Small schoolers: cardinal tetras
Medium: Bosemani rainbows (really rainbows in general)
Large: red hook silver dollars
Now for a huge tank/pond, I'd love to see a school of flagtails, but for them I hear it's either 1 or 10+
for a huge tank/pond tinfoil barbs imo

msjinkzd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2007
pa
I like congo tetras for that size tank. Roseline barbs are also very very nice. Rainbows are always a winner as well.

andyjs

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2008
Ohio
msjinkzd;3305584; said:
I like congo tetras for that size tank. Roseline barbs are also very very nice. Rainbows are always a winner as well.
I forgot about congos. There are some other very nice African tetras as well. I really wish they were a little cheaper though-and the same goes for roseline sharks/barbs. They're like 3-5X as expensive as congos around here depending on size

JakeH

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2009
Houston, TX
Clown Loaches, Polkadot Loaches, Yoyo Loaches, Zebra Loaches. A mixed squad of these or all one type will get great shoaling behavior. You would need at least 8 individuals to get good shoaling. Clown Loaches get the biggest out of the ones I listed, but I like the Polkadots (Botia Kobutai) the best.

carcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Fisher Branch, Manitoba, Canada
andyjs;3305407; said:
Small schoolers: cardinal tetras
Medium: Bosemani rainbows (really rainbows in general)
Large: red hook silver dollars
Now for a huge tank/pond, I'd love to see a school of flagtails, but for them I hear it's either 1 or 10+
I have two tinfoil barbs in a 270g tank and they get along great. One is about 12" and the other is about 5". The baby just follows the larger one around but eats like a pig.

I am planning on picking up 4 more silver dollars to add to my 5. I like the way they school and they look pretty cool as well. They get my vote.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store