Best lure for bass now?

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
I just run them over beds. Just fast enough to get a nice V in the wake behind it. It seems to really piss bass off, especially in the spring. Also try it at night, preferably in calm water with a full moon. The hits can spook you at night. Especially if it’s really dark and calm. Best way in my opinion, more exciting.

Reactions: Itsadeepbluesea

cichlid tank

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
yea, right now they are on the spawn, so try bed fishing jigs with a craw trailer. if they arent biting, dip the end in a chartreuse jar

angelcrze

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Gatineau
The small mouth bass went crazy for the 'Big-O' lures. That was when I was a kid fishing with my dad, but I don't think the bass will change what they go for haha

We used the bright yellow/green Big-Os

Reactions: DwarfCichlidLvr

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Ive entered and won my share of fishing tourneys over the past few years. Won my first when I was 8 years old against about 100 other kids under the age of 18. In all the time I’ve spent fishing, the best lure I have ever used for bass was a size 4 meps aglia gold/silver and a size 4 blue fox gold/silver. This lure catches everything. Smallmouth, largemouth, pike, musky. Best used in shallower waters up to about 8ft depth. After that I’ll use spinner baits, tube jigs, and then a few crank baits. I make about 5-10 casts per spot with the spinner then move on. Normally cast towards shore reeling away from it or along weed bed edges. Target any structure. Fallen trees, docks, boulders, and points of a bay or inlet.

angelcrze

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2014
Gatineau
The small mouth bass went crazy for the 'Big-O' lures. That was when I was a kid fishing with my dad, but I don't think the bass will change what they go for haha

We used the bright yellow/green Big-Os
Idk what you mean exactly, but we cast as close to shore as possible in a brush area and reel in with a jerking motion to mimic an injured fish/crustacean. It was by far my favorite lure for small mouth bass. Water was clear in eastern Canada.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I throw big os when using crank baits. The perch one has worked well for me but still never brought in as many fish compared to spinners.

Reactions: angelcrze

cichlid tank

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
also covering water with a buzzbait, chatterbait, or a spinnerbait would work just to see where the fish are, what they are feeding on, and what water level. it seriously depends on the lake you fish. if its a reservoir or a larger lake, try a shad pattern, if its up at shore along rocks try a squarebill of craw or shad, if its a wed bed i would fish a big worm pitching it into cover. same with laydowns and trees, i would fish a jig.

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Went out on the boat this morning. To cold for my crappy iPhone to function well but brought in 4 pike around the 24-30” mark

Reactions: Magnus_Bane
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store