best oscar and cichlid dither fish?

cichlid tank

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
ok, so my oscar, jack dempsey, and (maybe a polleni, waiting for a response on FB) need some dithers. the O is 6" the jack is 4-5" and the polleni is 5". what dithers can i get for these dudes? tried BA tetras, they all got ich and died, and so i'm thinking pictus, swordtails, colombian tetras, or tiger barbs? thoughts? thanks!

rigby

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2020
I’ve used silver dollars as dither fish and they’ve worked perfectly, they also make my tank look active

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Have to think bigger, the mouth of an adult Oscar is massive. Like mentioned think Silver dollars, or Spanner barbs. The problem though is bigger dithers mean more bioload. Both of these need a min of 6ft tank better an 8ft tank.

cichlid tank

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2020
Have to think bigger, the mouth of an adult Oscar is massive. Like mentioned think Silver dollars, or Spanner barbs. The problem though is bigger dithers mean more bioload. Both of these need a min of 6ft tank better an 8ft tank.
sounds good, does a raphael catfish work? or a 4 lined pimelodus? im just looking for something to cleanup wasted pellets, crawfish legs, and other stuff like fish scraps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store