Best place to find bowfin

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
Does anyone here know what the best place in Virginia, especially the south/southeast region to catch bowfin in the wild, or local places that could get them in? (The latter is a last resort)

I might occasionally find myself in NC, SC, and Maryland, so if there are any good places there lmk

Gunfleet

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2019
Does anyone here know what the best place in Virginia, especially the south/southeast region to catch bowfin in the wild, or local places that could get them in? (The latter is a last resort)

I might occasionally find myself in NC, SC, and Maryland, so if there are any good places there lmk
No idea where to catch them yourself, but Upscale Aquatics in Huntersville NC gets in 3-4 inch juveniles 5 or 6 times a year. If i remember correctly, they are generally under $25 USD and UA will FedEx them to you.

xenacanth9

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2021
No idea where to catch them yourself, but Upscale Aquatics in Huntersville NC gets in 3-4 inch juveniles 5 or 6 times a year. If i remember correctly, they are generally under $25 USD and UA will FedEx them to you.
Okay, I doubt shipping is too bad considering the distance. Will keep it in mind if I can't find any in the wild

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store