Best pleco for 135?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I have a 135 that is currently housing a black aro, tig, dat, and a couple of frontosas.
What would be the best pleco for enhancing the looks and some algae control?
I found a blue panaque and was considering that.
What would you recomend?
Thanks in advance everyone!!

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
plecos are generally crap at algae control, dunno there are so many different plecos, most very asthetic. also depends on your wallet, some are hellish expensive. some kinda panaque might be a good choice. planetcatfish has a great list of plecos. personally i got a gibby and a L018 gold nugget. the gold nugget looks better, but the gibby i have found to be hardy. plecos can vary in size a lot too, so might wana take that in consideration

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
algae isnt a big deal, but I cant put any other form of algae eater in there for fear of it developing a taste for the other fish:) (we recently lost a fish because of this)

Thanks for the suggestions:)

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
royal

prm

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2005
the lfs
Just about any pleco thats isnt big enough to get eaten will work I think a big L330 would look nice in there. Remember to have wood in there if you get a panaque. And royals are crap machines so keep up with a gravel vac.

rkc772

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Southern California 91744
rallysman said:
I have a 135 that is currently housing a black aro, tig, dat, and a couple of frontosas.
What would be the best pleco for enhancing the looks and some algae control?
I found a blue panaque and was considering that.
What would you recomend?
Thanks in advance everyone!!

i would reconsider on the blue panaque since they are small and might end up getting eaten by the other tankmates when they get big. the gold nugget L177 and the mango pleco are good.. they do grow slow, or the scarlet L25. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store