Best Reusable Filter Pad for Trickle Section in Sump

ProAquarist

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2015
I changed my sump design and am now using one of the little drawer organizers to hold filter pads. the water trickles through two drawers and then into the open water of the sump (where there is K2). I would like to find something that I can use over and over rather than constantly throwing away the filter pads. I was using the Eshopps large square foam block, but it was too small and clogged up too quickly (the pad was too small for the amount of waste, the pore size was good). Now that I have the trickle drawers, I am hoping to find something similar that I could cut to fit the drawers. Has anyone found a good option that is reusable?

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
You may want to consider using Poret filter foam as it is infinitely reusable for years. It comes in various sizes, is easy to cut and comes in different pore sizes. I get mine from Stephan at swisstropicals.com and you can check his website for info regarding use in various filter styles.

I use Poret in canister, power and as sponge filters, mostly the HMF style ones. I do not have sumps or wet/dry filters but I don't see why it wouldn't work. You can still use some finer media such as blue bonded pad or even Poly-fil Traditional Batting as the final layer prior to entering the sump to catch tiny debris and it could be rinsed multiple times before discarding.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store