best snail species to feed puffers

Essaf Victor

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2017
Dubai
okay now I have a 1.5 fahaka puffer what is the best species of snails for feeding him it needs to be easy to breed and will mystery snails be good for him when he is fully grown

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Ramshorn snails would be my first choice or maybe apple snails depending whats available...

Reactions: Essaf Victor

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Ramshorns are super easy. Just a small tank with a small sponge filter, feed on blanched cucumber, sinking pellets and the likes. Once they get going they really go :)

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Yup :iagree:.
I went to lfs and got 100 ramshorns I feed blanched kale and pleco bites. I have them in 2 17g totes 1 heated 1 not the heated one breed faster. The other is room temp 70ish still breeding just seems at 76+ the eggs hatch faster. I have a sponge filter in one and a power filter in the other. I need another sponge filter and get rid of the power filter. The power filter sucks up the uneaten food that the baby snails need. I also put a cuttle bone in both breeder tanks, some say it will leach calcium or the snails will graze on it and they do.

Essaf Victor

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2017
Dubai
Thanks that was informative
Yup :iagree:.
I went to lfs and got 100 ramshorns I feed blanched kale and pleco bites. I have them in 2 17g totes 1 heated 1 not the heated one breed faster. The other is room temp 70ish still breeding just seems at 76+ the eggs hatch faster. I have a sponge filter in one and a power filter in the other. I need another sponge filter and get rid of the power filter. The power filter sucks up the uneaten food that the baby snails need. I also put a cuttle bone in both breeder tanks, some say it will leach calcium or the snails will graze on it and they do.

Reactions: twentyleagues
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store