Best staple food for giant gourami

TheReefer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2019
Pennsylvania
My golden giant gourami only 3.5” right now- so what size he needs to feed vegetables? Thanks
Like RD. RD. said, NLS algaemax would be a good bet, but vegetables like deshelled peas, romaine lettuce, and duckweed (if you can get it) would work well

Reactions: Htat

MAMA POCO

Feeder Fish
May 19, 2021
Hi I’ve just reserved a giant gourami and I’m trying to do a bit of research and planning before I pick him up.

Tank, filtration etc is all covered. He’ll be a friend for my rescued rtc and eventually they’re gojng to live in a indoor pond.

I’m just trying to buy some pellet food for him as a staple food. Which is the best pellet food please? Also what are the best fruit and vegetables to add to his diet and how much should I give him please? He’s about 10” at the moment so only a baby.
u could feed them papaya / kidney beans / and some pellets

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It's funny this thread's been rekindled. I was stood at the kitchen window this morning watching a pair of blackbirds on the back lawn and one of them started pecking frantically at the grass. I knew instantly that it'd either scored a snail or a worm. So I continued watching and it was having real trouble getting whatever it was out of the grass. At this point I figured it was tussling with a worm which was trying to dig back into its burrow. The bird wouldn't give up, and neither would the worm. And then the bird got a proper hold of it and pulled it out.

My god, it was huge. Straight away I thought of my GG. I ran out the back to shoo them away and collect the big fat prize. It was about 9" long and fat as my little finger. And my GG just sucked it in like it was nothing, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: arodini and deeda

Krismo962

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2020
my house!!
It's funny this thread's been rekindled. I was stood at the kitchen window this morning watching a pair of blackbirds on the back lawn and one of them started pecking frantically at the grass. I knew instantly that it'd either scored a snail or a worm. So I continued watching and it was having real trouble getting whatever it was out of the grass. At this point I figured it was tussling with a worm which was trying to dig back into its burrow. The bird wouldn't give up, and neither would the worm. And then the bird got a proper hold of it and pulled it out.

My god, it was huge. Straight away I thought of my GG. I ran out the back to shoo them away and collect the big fat prize. It was about 9" long and fat as my little finger. And my GG just sucked it in like it was nothing, lol.
Do you still have the RTGG? If so ,how big did it get?

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Do you still have the RTGG? If so ,how big did it get?
This is him just now, hungry, again, lol. I got him 6 years ago about 3". He's nudging 18" now. This big butch dude is called....wait for it....drumroll....TINKERBELL! I know, how messed up is that. It could give the poor fish an inferiority complex.

My wife named him when he was tiny.....when I thought it was a girl!!! But he has developed into a huge male....my very very very bad, lol.

IMG_20210519_163052_HDR.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store