BEST water circulation theory

hurricane_redbone

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2007
Joboland
www.myspace.com
Ok so I have been building my 300 gallon tank and i have started designing a filter system for it. I know i want it to be simple so heres what i came up with. he drawing below shows the general Idea. take a look at it and soak it in, now I have a question. Will the slits/holes in the pipes from the sump create suction because of the main stream of water through the pipe, or will they allow water to escape pushing debri forward. Or will they not have any function at all?

The basic idea of the design is so that can put wood near the back for hiding, but have all the poop and stuff blown to the front of the tank. This way it will be easier to scoop up. If the slits would create suction the poop would get sucked into themain pipe and go with te flow to the end of the pipe where it will be discarded towards the front of the tank. If it will create pressure/flow outwards then the poop would simply be blown towards the front of the tank.

I am not a physics expert so im not sure what will happen here, if you all think it will not cause suction and I will make the ends of the pipe smaller as to cause more pressure and more flowout of the slits rather than the end of the pipe.
I hope I explained this all and it makes sense
let me know wat you all think...

the Key is blockd by the mfk logo... the yellow pipes are the ones pumped back from the sump...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store