Betta breeding questions

sharizan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2013
Malaysia, sarawak
Originally Posted by supergourami<br />
=what I did was I got a 5 gallon tank , lowered the water level too around 6-8 inches , make sure you have a place for the bubble nest to be made ( half a Styrofoam cup and some floating plants is perfect.) lots of hiding places for the female. also when introducing the female don't just toss her in use a oil lamp or some sort of divider to let the 2 fish get used to eachother. once the flaring dies down release the female into the tank.
thanks for advice- I already introduced a small school of females to the male, and they swim together in the betta community. two of the three have spawning horizontal stripes.
Tht stripes shown when they are stressed actually..male also had it..happen when introduce to new environment or bullied by other male or female..not exactly show breeding mode..

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Are you prepared for raising the fry? You're going to need lots of microscopic food at the beginning. Also, the vessel and the air above the waterline must be heated equally. Otherwise, the fry will not develop their suprabranchial breathing apparatus'.
A simple google for a betta breeding care sheet will be a definite help.

Pole

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
Here
Tht stripes shown when they are stressed actually..male also had it..happen when introduce to new environment or bullied by other male or female..not exactly show breeding mode..
oh ok, how can I make sure they are not stressed? the green/ blue female just keeps changing, but the plain female has had stripes all the time, even in the store. will they go away soon? I just finished overhauling the tank, changing gravel and scape, so I think they could show them longer.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

sharizan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2013
Malaysia, sarawak
oh ok, how can I make sure they are not stressed? the green/ blue female just keeps changing, but the plain female has had stripes all the time, even in the store. will they go away soon? I just finished overhauling the tank, changing gravel and scape, so I think they could show them longer.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
They will, just wait until they adapt to the new environment..i guess no longer than 5 day..but it will always shown if there is bullying happen..one way to get rid of it must separate..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store