Betta's

Should I be worried the eggs haven't hatched?

• Total voters

Becca82183

Feeder Fish
Sep 29, 2017
So I am new at the Betta fish hobby but I've been doing lots of reaserch on the breeding etc... A lot of you tube videos like from creative fish keeping etc. So my husband went n got himself a male and female betta and just tanked them together and of course I couldn't tell him nothing lol, until I came in from an appointment two days ago and they were spawning! Of course I know the female has to come out which I removed her and the male is in there with the eggs and bubble nest. As I stated earlier this happens two days ago so I've been watching very closely at these little eggs which have not hatched yet. Should I be worried or give it another day? I've read it 2-3days. He hasn't ate the eggs and I stuck the heater in the tank as soon as I cought them spawing.

YankeeJack

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2013
USA
it takes about 3 days after the eggs are laid to hatch. Then you have about 3 days until you need to be providing them food.

Betta fry need something small. Vinegar Eels were my go to when I was breeding them. I would use vinegar eels once they are out of the bubble nest until they were large enough to eat baby brine shrimp.

Becca82183

Feeder Fish
Sep 29, 2017
it takes about 3 days after the eggs are laid to hatch. Then you have about 3 days until you need to be providing them food.

Betta fry need something small. Vinegar Eels were my go to when I was breeding them. I would use vinegar eels once they are out of the bubble nest until they were large enough to eat baby brine shrimp.
Thanks a bunch I read that about the eels, and the brine shrimp the female betta (suger) she was still kinda small so I wasn't sure if I should have been a little worried or not. Tomorrow will be day 3. I lost my dog sassy and betta's are really pretty and fun to watch so I decided to give it a try. I have my tanks set up to be as natural as possible for them. So raising the babies would be very rewarding. Thank you so much!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store