Status
Not open for further replies.

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
Stump;2664435; said:
I'd do a school of Giant Danios myself. Silver Dollars are quite skittish if kept in small numbers. Being kept in larger numbers requires large amounts of space, as each fish will get 6" or so. I have 3 of them, and they are usually cowering in the corner unless it's quiet. Plus the bio-load with your other fish in the tank might prove to be too much. JMO

I just bought 5 Giant Danios at the store two days ago. It is my first time owning them, and I must say I am pleasantly surprised. I need more of them. :naughty:
okkk i am going to keep looking then, what about kissing gouramis? too large and agressive?

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
lol i just picked one up that is at least 4yrs old and it about 6inches lol u can have it if u want?

Stump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2008
Bichir Alley
devder1;2670996; said:
okkk i am going to keep looking then, what about kissing gouramis? too large and agressive?
I'm not too experienced with gouramis, so I can't give you any advice i'd feel comfortable giving... my guess would be too agressive, but as I said before, I simply don't 'know'.

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
Stump;2671225; said:
I'm not too experienced with gouramis, so I can't give you any advice i'd feel comfortable giving... my guess would be too agressive, but as I said before, I simply don't 'know'.
Ya I don't want anything that would hurt the knife, be is the showcase I the tank :D
Btw UK is a long ship!

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
ya im thinking about the danios

Stump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2008
Bichir Alley
If you decide to do the danios, get a bunch of them. Like 6+... They are really great schoolers.

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
Stump;2676485; said:
If you decide to do the danios, get a bunch of them. Like 6+... They are really great schoolers.
ya the have celestial pearl danios on live aquaria.com would those be cooler than zebras or turquoise or giants?
i think i might order a bunch of fish from them soon so if i do ill make sure to get some

they are also selling these american flagfish
worth a shot?

devder1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2008
arizona
Bump

Stump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2008
Bichir Alley
devder1;2676902; said:
ya the have celestial pearl danios on live aquaria.com would those be cooler than zebras or turquoise or giants?
i think i might order a bunch of fish from them soon so if i do ill make sure to get some

they are also selling these american flagfish
worth a shot?
Celestial Pearl Danios are really attractive fish... I have yet to see them in a decent sized school, so that might be neat. I have never kept any personally, so that leaves me a little partial to the Giant Danios. I say, if you want them instead of the others danios, definately give them a go. ;)

As far as American Flagfish, if I am not mistaken, it is a native American killifish (not Native American, but an American native). Killis sometimes can be a little predatory, but stay small, so a BGK or some decent sized danios would probably work.

In the end, people try different things and get different results. You can always try it out, and adjust accordingly, but I think there will be very few problems with the fish you mentioned.

Don't hold me to it, but I think it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store