Bichir and Angel Fish?

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
I never had issues combining both. Experienced it with only senegals though. I can't vouch for the compatibility with other polypterus species.

AmaroSwe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Sweden
Not a problem at all. i have 3 full grown angelfish with big bichirs.

Endli, ornate, sen, del, ansorgii and it works just fine

Zeetrain

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2010
Connecticut
Thanks for the replys guys. I just got a Senegal Bichir today from Petsmart. They label it as a Dinosaur Bichir and it was $8. It currently in a 29 gal and Ill eventually move it to a 55 gal that I have empty in my basement. I was trying to figure out what fish I will put in there in the future. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cholly

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2009
Metro Atlanta
I had a senegal that seemed to have it in for angels. I don't know if it was the trailing fins or what, but he'd latch on and go for a deathroll. He was a pretty active deathroller. Even deathrolled algae chips when he was tiny. THAT was funny.

tchizzle

Candiru
MFK Member
May 14, 2008
Saigon
I have some angels with bichirs. They leave them alone for the most part unless they are trying to eat the same piece of food, but then they don't actually harm the angels in any way.

OB-G37S

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2010
In the Ocean
AmaroSwe;4431139; said:
Not a problem at all. i have 3 full grown angelfish with big bichirs.

Endli, ornate, sen, del, ansorgii and it works just fine
yup i got 9 10"-13" endlis and i wanted them to kill my angels but they dont even bother each other LOL

Brengun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 25, 2010
Qld, Australia
Cholly;4438270; said:
I had a senegal that seemed to have it in for angels. I don't know if it was the trailing fins or what, but he'd latch on and go for a deathroll. He was a pretty active deathroller. Even deathrolled algae chips when he was tiny. THAT was funny.
Deathroll on algae chips lol.
First thing my little senegal did was eat 6 of my 7 little angel juvis. Made for a funny shaped tummy for a day or two.

ZeroOne

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
I had angels with my senegal mind you he is only about 4 1/2" but he doesn't seem to care that they are in the tank. But mine is pretty wussy, he ran from guppies I fed him once... a few swam up to him and he took off, of course the next morning they were gone so maybe it was just a ploy.

big_tank_boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2008
seattle washington
id avoid angels with the longer fins standerds would probly work but if u got the 55 id go with a african brown knfie and like 3 leopard ctenopoma with ur sen bichir

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store