Bichir swimming weird partern and seems crazy.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
how is he stress when he is the top of the food chain in the whole tank hahahah..jk..
Any idea how to reduce that?
i have plenty of space for him to hide.
Thank you for posting your water parameters! Do you have plenty of fake/real plants in the tank? You could also try adding a floating plant to make him feel more secure, especially if he is spending a lot of time at the top of the water column.
Are any of its tankmates picking on it?

Please post a video, as that will be most helpful to rule out any medical issues.

Saraicy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2021
Thank you for posting your water parameters! Do you have plenty of fake/real plants in the tank? You could also try adding a floating plant to make him feel more secure, especially if he is spending a lot of time at the top of the water column.
Are any of its tankmates picking on it?

Please post a video, as that will be most helpful to rule out any medical issues.
I’ve post the video in one of the reply. Not sure how to edit andnput it in my post tho.
He is looking fine. No obvious symptoms of sickness. Tank mates are 3 little angelfish and i doubt those pretty angel will pick on him. I’ve only seen the other way round haha

Reactions: clm08k

Saraicy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2021
It may be possible the aquarium is too bright for the Ornate but other than that it seems happy imo.
I only on the lights when i want to see them.
So it is normal that he swims like that? Constantly lol…it has been 3days.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
So it is normal that he swims like that
Like stated by Caveden Caveden young bichir more active. Hopefully it will utilize the entire aquarium once the new light is added.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store