• No

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Hey guys, so I switched to Pea Pebbles in the 55g, because the sand stinked. Was wondering if it is okay with Delhezi Bichirs?

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Ok. But I would like to scape the sides with river rock, and various plants, and scape the river rock in a way where Sparky can slither through them while he is young. Then put a driftwood piece in the middle. I would put in large fake plants while the plants would grow to create a beutiful tank :). I was thinking really white sand. Any cheap ideas? My last sand was pool filter sand. I think white sand woul look better. Where can I get it where it is relatively chep?

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Imo gravel and larger pebbles trap more junk then sand. Also not recommended for the reasons listed above with bichirs. I use pool filter sand and it's pretty white. Really white sand can make your fish wash out also. Like tlindsey tlindsey said you can easily vacuum sand it just takes some patients, the the junk tends to sit on top of it more so then gravel. River rocks will look and work ok as long as a grown bichirs can not swallow it. I doubt you will get the actions from the bichir you expect concerning his interactions with said stones.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store