Big day for MFK, 15th birthday!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Yea I know what u meant, pfk. Think K krichardson was on it as well.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yea I know what u meant, pfk. Think K krichardson was on it as well.
The only other site I can recall is Piranha Fury which I didn't dabble with.I was on Water Wolves but I don't remember nothing about them supposedly toppling or replacing MFK.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
No, not them. I remember when they were first getting started on here. This is about a forum that predates MFK.

I'm referring to the first iteration of MFK when it was the upstart new forum and was known as either predatory fins or predatory fish keepers or something of the like. This was back in the lat 90s and early 00's before it coalesced into what would become MFK.

kno4te kno4te knows what I'm talking about, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. Not WW, the one that was started to challenge WW and eventually overthrow it, to become the MFK of today which was incorporated in 2005.
I'm not positive but I believe it was Predatory Fishkeepers as kno4te kno4te said. Before I belonged to MFK I remember frequenting ghosting a forum called Predatory something. Much like you I don't remember the whole name but I do remember it and another site that I believe was run by Ben Lee/Amiidae.

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
The only other site I can recall is Piranha Fury which I didn't dabble with.I was on Water Wolves but I don't remember nothing about them supposedly toppling or replacing MFK.
Yea used to be on water wolves too.

Reactions: BIG-G

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
You’re talking about Predatory Fish Keepers which was started originally around 1999 and was owned by Josh Shmick, he sold/swapped the name to Li who had just started MFK. PFK linked to MFK for quite some time after that.
if I remember correctly the PFK database turned into Water Wolves although it was not really maintained very well and died off a few years later probably around 2010.
I’ve been doing this probably since around 1998 starting on Piranha.org then PFK and mainly MFK and pfury. It’s a really long time lol.

No, not them. I remember when they were first getting started on here. This is about a forum that predates MFK.

I'm referring to the first iteration of MFK when it was the upstart new forum and was known as either predatory fins or predatory fish keepers or something of the like. This was back in the lat 90s and early 00's before it coalesced into what would become MFK.

kno4te kno4te knows what I'm talking about, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was called. Not WW, the one that was started to challenge WW and eventually overthrow it, to become the MFK of today which was incorporated in 2005.
Ohhhh ok.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store