Big Enthusiasts want a 10k gallon

Les Martin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2017
High cost equipment, low cost solutions xD
In all honesty most of the high cost stuff was from when the tank was setup as a reef. I kept the Dreambox and RD3 because I could use them. I had reef lights ( Hydra 52's) that weren't really suitable so they went. I needed to monitor pH and conductivity because it's a blackwater tank with wild altum angels and the easiest/simplest way to do that, for me, was a profilux as I'd had one previously and was familiar with their functions, setting up etc. As it also can be used for temperature control and controlling the lights it seemed to be the neatest solution. Selling the 6 Hydra 52's paid for all of the new equipment. So although it does seem extravagent, in reality I'd already laid out all of the cash in dribs and drabs during my saltwater days.

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I would like to set up a high tech tank one day to try and attempt to breed a fish that's very close to my heart. Right now I'm 15 and poor so basics for me lol

fishguy306

Peacock Bass
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2005
Illinois
In all honesty most of the high cost stuff was from when the tank was setup as a reef. I kept the Dreambox and RD3 because I could use them. I had reef lights ( Hydra 52's) that weren't really suitable so they went. I needed to monitor pH and conductivity because it's a blackwater tank with wild altum angels and the easiest/simplest way to do that, for me, was a profilux as I'd had one previously and was familiar with their functions, setting up etc. As it also can be used for temperature control and controlling the lights it seemed to be the neatest solution. Selling the 6 Hydra 52's paid for all of the new equipment. So although it does seem extravagent, in reality I'd already laid out all of the cash in dribs and drabs during my saltwater days.
I get that, I had planned on a reef, so I had a reefkeeper controller, figured might as well use it when setting up my planted tank. It has since been upgraded and will be controlling/monitoring my ray system.

Thank you for the pics! Love seeing that high end equipment! Hopefully someday I can have some under my tanks. Especially love the RD3.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Op come back lol
Yeah, right! Good luck with that, with major negative reality effect from a lot of replied, I don't think he want to come back for more chaos lol. If he come back then I'll bet someone gonna link Vince mega fish room built here and point out the problem he's facing now and got his plan delayed. :p and Vince plan is only freshwater, the saltwater plan will be more complicated lol

Reactions: Bandit87 and M@T!@$

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Yeah, right! Good luck with that, with major negative reality effect from a lot of replied, I don't think he want to come back for more chaos lol. If he come back then I'll bet someone gonna link Vince mega fish room built here and point out the problem he's facing now and got his plan delayed. :p and Vince plan is only freshwater, the saltwater plan will be more complicated lol
I would love to have a large saltwater tank for a bit one day... The costs tho :p

I prefer freshwater rays anyway lol

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store