Big guy and little guy

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
do you think it could of have been due to the barbs
actually, i think it was because of the syno cat i have in there. i saw him and the convict get into it a few times.
the barbs left him alone. i have 15 barbs in there and they were always too bust chasing each other.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
So its finally happening... we are moving.
I have a couple questions. we are moving to a different city. the city is only about 30 miles from where we currently live.
I know that my midevil isnt the most fragile of fish but i'm a little worried that the differing water parameters from my current place to this new place will be a problem.

is there anything i can do to ease the transition? or is it something that i dont really need to worry about?

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
So its finally happening... we are moving.
I have a couple questions. we are moving to a different city. the city is only about 30 miles from where we currently live.
I know that my midevil isnt the most fragile of fish but i'm a little worried that the differing water parameters from my current place to this new place will be a problem.

is there anything i can do to ease the transition? or is it something that i dont really need to worry about?
Use a TDS meter to measure the difference in TDS in your new place and your old place. An increase in TDS is not an issue. If the TDS in the new place is significantly lower, like about 100ppm, you can always make up the difference by increasing the TDS value so that it is no more than 50ppm in difference. I would also measure the KH of the new place.

Read up on the water quality report and compare the differences in chlorine/chloramine, hardness, ph, etc.

Reactions: ehh

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Use a TDS meter to measure the difference in TDS in your new place and your old place. An increase in TDS is not an issue. If the TDS in the new place is significantly lower, like about 100ppm, you can always make up the difference by increasing the TDS value so that it is no more than 50ppm in difference. I would also measure the KH of the new place.

Read up on the water quality report and compare the differences in chlorine/chloramine, hardness, ph, etc.
i planned on testing the water out of the tap. but what you said about tds is the advice i was looking for. well do that before we move the fish over. awesome. thanks!

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Ignore the boneyness of the hand.

IMG_9829.JPG

Really wish I could upgrade him. My plan was to upgrade him once we moved. But it's possible we'll be moving again in two years (hopefully).
Not sure I want to lug a 125 gallon for 500+ miles.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store