Calgary, Canada
kman said:
rui,

my tig was 10" last month, today he is at 11.5"

he is in bare bottom 4x2x18h by himself with 2 x AC300

he eats like a champ on mp shell off but likes to do so when lights are off

i feed him 6 thumnails pieces every night around 12:30

after he eats, he has ping pong ball stomach and rocks on his belly

make sure you have current in ur tank, my tig likes to hang out below the AC 300 out take

good luck

Thanks for the advice! I was getting worried just feeding him shrimp and nothing else at his small size. He is growing and doing well, but I wanted to add some more variety to his diet. I find them as tough as Jurense to raise up from a small size, as their level of feeding aggression leaves something to be desired. RTC was about half his size, and now I am moving him tonight just in case he decides he can eat the Tig. Also moving the T. Datnoid, as I saw him take 3 good bites at my tig after I shut off the lights.

freeform

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
red dot island
whoa, Katfishguy , your tigs are AWESOME man. never seen size like those here in singapore.

katfishguy

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
United States
freeform,, I get them straight from Peru(direct flight),, the freight is very expensive,, each box(with one fish) weighs about 40kgs,, that would be a lot of $$ in freight to singapore, may be that is why you don't see them

AmazonPredator

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
In the background I see what looks like maybe a Pinirampus or Brachyplatystoma? I think I spoke with you, katfishguy, through email a few years back about S. American cats. I think the tigrinus was one of the few pimeloids I didn't own but sure wanted to. I'll break down and buy one someday...

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
The TRUST said:
Nish,

I think u have the biggest Tigrinus I have ever seen in person.

BTW how big was the one you lost during the move?

I still mutter "what a loss" whenever i see that tig. Is it in the freezer now?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store