Bird cage site

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Isn’t 28cm only like 11 inches? Seems like they are pretty small.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I would watch out on the cheap ones. More than not they use toxic paint. I have read many stories of cheap made ones killing off birds when I was looking for Phoenix cage. I paid the extra money to make sure I got a good one. Preveu/Hendryx is American made and both of mine, Park Plaza main cage and a travel carrier cage were easy to assemble and well constructed. Had them two years now no rust no issues, and I find the paint they use makes it easy to clean the birds droppings.

20191209_114447.jpg20201113_094353.jpg

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Ok, thank you Jexnell. I’ll look into that brand. If you don’t mind me asking what are the dimensions? How often do you suggest to clean the droppings tray?

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Depends on the type of bird.
My parakeet requires once a week, twice if she’s feeling messy. She seems to poop a lot more now that she’s getting older (even more than when I had two it seems).

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Ok, thank you Jexnell. I’ll look into that brand. If you don’t mind me asking what are the dimensions? How often do you suggest to clean the droppings tray?
The main cage I have is the Park Plaza. 20in D, 24in W, 52in H
Changing the bottom of the cage depends on a couple things. Number of birds, type of bird,, if the catch basin is barred to prevent your birds from getting into it like my cage. I changed mine twice a week, but I used an easy method of keeping it clean. I got a roll of kids art paper from Amazon and use it to line the catch pan.

Reactions: Deadeye

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
The main cage I have is the Park Plaza. 20in D, 24in W, 52in H
Changing the bottom of the cage depends on a couple things. Number of birds, type of bird,, if the catch basin is barred to prevent your birds from getting into it like my cage. I changed mine twice a week, but I used an easy method of keeping it clean. I got a roll of kids art paper from Amazon and use it to line the catch pan.

I was thinking about getting a cockatiel only because they’re a lot quitter and I’m worried if I get a conure and he’s loud my parents will be upset with me. My dad read that they poop every 15 minutes which isn’t a bad IMO. But Is for him ig. So I’m trying to still keep him in board. And hopefully I can. I like the idea for the paper. I’ll have to compare the benefits and prices. Thank you for all the help!

Reactions: Jexnell and Deadeye

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I was thinking about getting a cockatiel only because they’re a lot quitter and I’m worried if I get a conure and he’s loud my parents will be upset with me. My dad read that they poop every 15 minutes which isn’t a bad IMO. But Is for him ig. So I’m trying to still keep him in board. And hopefully I can. I like the idea for the paper. I’ll have to compare the benefits and prices. Thank you for all the help!
The poop isn’t as bad as it sounds, it’s frequent but you don’t really notice.
The sell paper at petsmart/chewey that makes it not smell as bad.
Newspaper also works and probably saves money.
I also will sometimes put hamster bedding on the bottom of the cage and it helps to hide the poop.
If anything, it’s the seeds and feathers that are a mess. Every morning I have to clean up the room my bird is in, and she’s a small one.
41922C10-6F5A-4A50-8EEB-1599B64136C2.jpeg

Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store