Bird watching thread

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
If we could plant more trees and plants of the right species in available spots in cities we could have a lot more wildlife, areas like rooftops, vacant lots etc can really be developed

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
It's been a dead zone out here lately only house sparrows and a mourning dove. ehh ehh did u get close enough to get a id of the vultures? Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt I'm no familiar with forest Ravens, but know most of the other birds u mentioned.
Oh man those birds were like a mile above the ground haha but I'm 99% sure they were turkey vultures.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
It's been a dead zone out here lately only house sparrows and a mourning dove. ehh ehh did u get close enough to get a id of the vultures? Kittiee Katt Kittiee Katt I'm no familiar with forest Ravens, but know most of the other birds u mentioned.
Forest ravens are the crows we get down here, they're quite small compared to most crows, but beautiful and very smart. One was sitting on my window ledge outside one day teasing my cat who was inside, I tried telling the cat that the birdie was to big for him to eat and that the birdie would eat him if he went out there, but he didn't care, he wanted the birdie. :D

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
In Arizona owls would kill and eat cats, people shouldn't let cats roam freely, out here it's one of the most common roadkills

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
In Arizona owls would kill and eat cats, people shouldn't let cats roam freely, out here it's one of the most common roadkills
People also let their cats roam free here and they shouldn't. Not only are cats largely responsible for the decline in our native wildlife, but people are cruel to cats where I am. I've seen people drive onto lawns just to run over a cat. Its pathetic.

On a lighter note, the hawks mate came back. Hopefully I can get some pictures of them at some point, I tried this morning but they were to high up for my phone to capture them properly.

Although I do have some old pics to share.

A pair of magpies eating what I think is a bit of bread: IMG_20141118_150909.jpg

The black thing on the rock is a cormorant of some kind, I think it's a black faced but not 100%
IMG_20160611_161606.jpg

Enjoy. I'll try to get more when we go out today - if my hubby is nice enough to pull over when I see something. :D

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
I got swans!!! I don't know how often Americans see black swans, but I think they're prettier than the white ones.
IMG_20160910_151023.jpg
IMG_20160910_151443.jpg

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
We only get black swans where people stock them, my two favorite swans are black and blacknecks

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
We only get black swans where people stock them, my two favorite swans are black and blacknecks
I've never seen a blackneck I don't think, but the pictures on google look pretty. I honestly didn't know swans we supposed to be white until I was about 8 years old, I'd never seen a white swan before then and when I did see one for the first time I asked my nan what was wrong with it. :D

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Another favorite of mine( and not native here either ) is the mandarin duck
Just looked them up, they're beautiful! I didn't think ducks could be that pretty. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store