Black beard? Help please

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I had the plants before i decided to convert to African cichlids, if i go peacock and haps will they tolerate the plants?
I haven’t tried so I can’t say for sure. That said, I’m pretty sure they aren’t much of plant eaters (compared to mbunas), and Javas are usually left alone by most fish.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
A relief it's not bba. When java ferns are happy they grow larger by increasing the rhizome and growing new leaves. If the plant doesn't like the location or is other wise not happy it does this as a last chance to continue. The "parent" leaves will start to die and the baby plants will break free and hopefully be carried else where to grow in a more favorable location. If it's only 1 leaf that's not always a indication of it being unhappy but multiple leaves usually not good. I have a terrible time with standard Java ferns, needle leaf and trident I have better luck with for some reason.
I agree.
Plants often reproduce excessively before they die off, when planted wrong or placed in a less than desirable spot
I'd get the rhizome out of the sand, and attach to something like a log,, or rock, in a better spot in the tank.
It can be tied (with monofilament line) or glued.
And not permanent, so you can move it around to the place it likes best

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store