black fin sharks

Richie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
London, England
I have caught them over 2ft in the sea which are the same species, the spine are pretty sharp and I have been caught out by the spine a few times but they aren't that bad.

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Eternal, Impenetrable Darkness
Richie said:
I have caught them over 2ft in the sea which are the same species, the spine are pretty sharp and I have been caught out by the spine a few times but they aren't that bad.
Really....cool I guess that backs up what I've been told. Are you sure they are Arius Jordani? I think theres a grip of similiar species.

rweedon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
pullman washington
are you guys talking about the bala catfish? the only places I have seen them as black fin sharks is at wal mart... in the wild they start in freshwater and move to salt water just like salmon freshwater puffers etc. and I have seen one in my LFS that was a foot and a half that had lived it's whole life in freshwater it isn't bad for them but if you have problems you can start moving them into brackish... just don't like saltwater the GF does though and it's a pain in the as*...

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
Heres some a pic of my big one...its kinda dark sorry. Photographing these guys is freakin impossible as they NEVER STOP MOVING.

cenecker

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 15, 2005
whooooooppppss I got start resizeing this stuff...oh well at least you can see the detail

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store