Black Ghost Knife Aquarium

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
My java ferns are slow too, but they grow! This is in very basic light with low ferts. In a few months there's been a lot of growth, just let it settle and go!

Baby amanos are called nymphs and live in and eat plankton before heading back to FW

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
Amano shrimp will suffer lol. Get some cherries and let em breed when the tanks growing, then collect as many as possible and sell them. Don't know about US but there's a big market here, and we don't get amanos! :oops:

Amanos don't breed in FW so what you put in is what you get... Expensive feeders haha.

Don't forget simple old java ferns, very nice types around! Like windeløv and trident.
My LFS will take just about anything besides guppies and feeders, I guarantee they'll buy some spare cherry shrimp! I'll definitely take that suggestion!

Supalah17

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2014
Buffalo, New York
My java ferns are slow too, but they grow! This is in very basic light with low ferts. In a few months there's been a lot of growth, just let it settle and go!

Baby amanos are called nymphs and live in and eat plankton before heading back to FW
I've had some of them set up for 6+ months in tanks and all they do is shoot off babies, I ended up replacing several of them with anubias, but my trident java ferns grow fine, idk what it is with the regular java ferns, but they hate me lol

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
My LFS will take just about anything besides guppies and feeders, I guarantee they'll buy some spare cherry shrimp! I'll definitely take that suggestion!
There's a lot of private demand too, when you have a lot for cheap someone will take them!

Reactions: Supalah17
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store