black ghost knife house?

Tahn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2016
Central NJ
Where can I purchase a black ghost knife ghost tube? It's basically just a transparent plastic tube, but idk what is safe for aquarium use. I know there's one on amazon called Lee's Ghost House, but it doesn't seem to have good reviews...

Anyone know of any clear plastic tubing that is safe for aquarium use? Preferably one with some type of leggings that I can bury into the sand so it doesnt move around?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I used a clear plastic jar after it was used for food, my African knives didn't like it since they like darkness but Angelphish Angelphish used a jar for his BGK and it worked fine

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I used a clear plastic jar after it was used for food, my African knives didn't like it since they like darkness but Angelphish Angelphish used a jar for his BGK and it worked fine
Don't bother with a tube. The knife fish won't use it. I used powerade bottles to feed my bgk until I could get it on pellets. They have wider mouths than other bottles and can thrown away once they get dirty.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
I agree tried it, he never used it, hangs out in the castle and better looking than a plastic tube he will not use.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
just took this vid, 4 years old or so 12" he loves his castle.

Tahn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2016
Central NJ
I actually found an old gravel vaccuum and dismantled the vacuum part and placed it in the tank, he really likes it so far... granted theres no other enclosed hiding space for him...

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
I agree tried it, he never used it, hangs out in the castle and better looking than a plastic tube he will not use.
If the vac tube is working for you and you like the way it looks go for it. Glass works provided you're in sand not gravel. really though If you want to see your knife fish -feed him at the same time every day or night. I feed mine at sundown. They're far more likely to come out if they have a schedule and a cave they feel secure in that's easy to swim to. Sometimes drift placed vertically or diagonally will provide a spot in the open for them where they'll do their "I'm a leaf" thing once they're comfortable

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
If the vac tube is working for you and you like the way it looks go for it. Glass works provided you're in sand not gravel. really though If you want to see your knife fish -feed him at the same time every day or night. I feed mine at sundown. They're far more likely to come out if they have a schedule and a cave they feel secure in that's easy to swim to. Sometimes drift placed vertically or diagonally will provide a spot in the open for them where they'll do their "I'm a leaf" thing once they're comfortable
I feed my African knives at lights off, they are adjusting to come and take pellets at the top and midwater now. Routine is key as you said

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store