Black ghost knife sick after treated ick HELP!

Knoddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2018
so 2 of my new group sumatran fish had ich and i used exit 3 days.
it helpen and its gone.
my black ghost knife is around 30cm and i have him so long he has never been sick or anything.
but now ive treated my tank with EXIT for the ick his fins are getting a little white and hes scrubbing his body on rocks pls help me what have i done wrong ????

just to metion he never scubber his body before and he was always a happy fish pls tell me whats wrong with him i dont belive he has ick or anything ...

and sorry for my bad english

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Could be irritation from the medication. Would check ur water parameters ASAP. Would do a 50% water change and add some stress coat. Monitor for now. Post some pics.

Did you treat for 3 days?

Knoddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2018
Could be irritation from the medication. Would check ur water parameters ASAP. Would do a 50% water change and add some stress coat. Monitor for now. Post some pics.

Did you treat for 3 days?
yea treated for 3 days the ick is gone on my small fish but now have this problem.... i did 50% water change and added active carbon today i hope this helps

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
i used exit 3 days.
it helpen and its gone.
i dont belive he has ick
treated for 3 days
Hello; First I suggest a site search about the ich parasite. While I am not familiar with the medication "exit", I am familiar with ich. It can take weeks to treat for an ich infestation.

The reason is because it is believed that the adult parasite and the eggs cannot be killed by medications. Only the "larvae" can be killed just as they hatch out of an egg and before they attach to a host.

What may well happen is that in a day or few you will see more ich spots on the fish. These will come from the eggs that have laid around for a while and the infestation cycle will start all over again.

Can you post the ingredients of the "exit" medication?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not sure if the ich has been successfully treated. Like skjl47 already mentioned. I don’t know much about the exit medication. Not sure how effective it is. Would do daily water changes of 50%. Monitor and can you post some water parameters and pics?

Knoddy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2018
like i said the spots are gone... on my fish and they are already happy...
the only thing i asked was if the EXIT could have hurt the body of my ghostknife..(slime on his body)

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It maybe a product side effect. Acridine will cause skin issues as well as malachite green should be half dose or 1/4 dose for scale less fish.

How is it doing?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store