black piranha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2013
gatineau
Anyone know how or were i could get a black piranha (1 or 2 inch) ? I've been looking to get one for years ... Please help !!

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Anyone know how or were i could get a black piranha (1 or 2 inch) ? I've been looking to get one for years ... Please help !!
Take it from me and save your self some time and get something else. Black piranha are boring and you will wished you bought something else. Not sure how you can't find them as they are everywhere in places that are legal to have them!!! Can order them online everywhere.

lando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
fort st john bc canada
I bought a rhom last year, thought I was up for the challenge to grow out a monster. I bought mine at 3 inches and he's now 6 inches after this first year or so there growth slows right down, I'm talking an inch a year on average, once there adults there bad ass, real aggressive and entertaining, but a Juvenal well yes there aggressive, but very shy n sketchy fish. They hide almost all day, and only come out when the lights are all off, I thought I could wait 5 years n watch him grow, but man is it disappointing owning a fish that you never see,

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
I bought a rhom last year, thought I was up for the challenge to grow out a monster. I bought mine at 3 inches and he's now 6 inches after this first year or so there growth slows right down, I'm talking an inch a year on average, once there adults there bad ass, real aggressive and entertaining, but a Juvenal well yes there aggressive, but very shy n sketchy fish. They hide almost all day, and only come out when the lights are all off, I thought I could wait 5 years n watch him grow, but man is it disappointing owning a fish that you never see,

I kept one for at least 4yrs and traded it in the lfs for just pennies. The Rhom was 10".

lando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
fort st john bc canada
How much enjoyment did you have in those 4 years? Every fish is different but the majority grow slow, and are not very entertaining. Mine is growing and doing well, but I have put a lot of time and money into this 1 fish

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1366301359.435227.jpg

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Zero enjoyment, as the fish sat in a tank in a spare bedroom. I wasn't about to devote a 450 gallon or 520 gallon to a single fish so he sat in a 150 gallon tank. If anything could be said about a Rhom is buy it when they are 12" plus . I seen this 15" Rhom below in person and it chased me from one end of the tank to the other as I walked by the tank. These big ones are few and far between and fetch a hefty price tag. I believe it only lived for 5 years after it was originally purchased. It went from original owner to the person below and then back to original owner were it then died. More pictures of this beast on Piranhafury.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?87986-15-Rhom-Update&highlight=titus

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
rhoms take too long to grow! lol

lando

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
fort st john bc canada
So MAX1 if your listing don't get a rhom, you might have it for a year and then want to get rid of it. If your set on getting piranhas, get a larger shoal of at least 8-10,

Max1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2013
gatineau
Thank for the great intel . I would still like a black piranha tho . I tried a school of 10 red bellys and ended with 3 .

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Contact "fairdeal" on either BCaquaria or Albertaaquatica. He is in the vendor section and has a couple rhoms and elongatus left in his stock. The rhoms are $30 and elongatus $75. I believe he ships in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store