black spots on discus?

marcello

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2007
italy
i have read somewhere that they develop peppering when they are stressed or not happy about theyr environment

possible??

Mystix212

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
kikoman;1135372; said:
heres a photo of my discus!
photo quality is bad (celphone cam)
Not to be rude but its a low quality colour discus. With so much peppering, that should of been pretty cheap, no?

hillbilly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Western North Carolina
Mystix212;1200027; said:
Not to be rude but its a low quality colour discus. With so much peppering, that should of been pretty cheap, no?
Yes, I agree. A Good breeder would have culled that fish before it ever left the growout tank. However many such peppered fish are pawned off on the LFS to make a quick buck. A high quality pigeon blood fish will have very little peppering as stated above. Marlboros have pigeon blood genes, so yes peppering is common on them. The peppering, or black spots, will be darker and more pronounced if the fish is stressed.

Reactions: Jeremy Anderson

kikoman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2007
Los Angeles
Mystix212;1200027; said:
yea... i got it for $10 but i don't care w/ the peppering thingy... as long as he is healthy and doin fine....

Pellegrino80

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2009
Napa Valley, California
I just noticed that my adult Blue Discus has a few black spots, a new one about an inch above his right eye. He never had these black specks till I got 5 new baby discus... He's always had 2 black specks on his left side, but wasn't that bad and faintly showed, but now on both sides it's showing more darkness to it. Is that good or bad?...

Discus May 4th, 2009 - 017.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store