blackberry Myleus sp

rurry44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2006
sonoma
Does anyone know anything about blackberry Myleus? Are they wild fish and if so where in South America do they hail from? Are they some hybrid from overseas? How big do they get? Any info from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks

rurry44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2006
sonoma
Thanks, They are asking a lot of money for these fish and I don't feel like spending a ton of my cash on a hybrid. I was hoping they were a wild fish, but I could find nothing about them in any literature. I know fish are being crossed to produce hybrids but I wish people who do this type of breeding would let it be known they are hybrids.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Thanks, They are asking a lot of money for these fish and I don't feel like spending a ton of my cash on a hybrid. I was hoping they were a wild fish, but I could find nothing about them in any literature. I know fish are being crossed to produce hybrids but I wish people who do this type of breeding would let it be known they are hybrids.
I hear ya. But I will say they are gorgeous. I paid an arm and a leg for mine too.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
Paid less for my trio of BB than I did my Tiger SDs. Not that bad IMO. Internet rumor has it that the they are widebar x red hook cross and it is unknown if they will be fertile. Had mine since Feb/March and they are quickly catching my large Tigers SDs in size.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Paid less for my trio of BB than I did my Tiger SDs. Not that bad IMO. Internet rumor has it that the they are widebar x red hook cross and it is unknown if they will be fertile. Had mine since Feb/March and they are quickly catching my large Tigers SDs in size.
I paid just about what the tigers go for, wes just posted a bigger size bb for 100 today. not sure the price the op was looking at.

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya

Rotaryp04s

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2011
I just pick up 4 Berries myself very cool SDs with high dorsal and anal fin, I heard their cross between a wide bar and a lamax iii. ShadowStryder are you so they hit the 8" mark?

ShadowStryder

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2007
Nunya
I just pick up 4 Berries myself very cool SDs with high dorsal and anal fin, I heard their cross between a wide bar and a lamax iii. ShadowStryder are you so they hit the 8" mark?

Here is a couple videos in my older thread. The last one down in the thread the owner claims they are 10" which means the widebars are even larger that they are with.
The cross I mentioned above is from reading a few asian boards. The true cross is closely kept secret and there is one breeder doing the breeding and strictly controls the release also, from what I am told....Also if you look at the anal fin it does look like that of a red hook.

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?535957-Blackberry-and-Lippincotti-SDs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store