Bleekeri wont eat after injury. Add garlic to food?

Bobtastic_001

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2015
this fish hurt itself 3 weeks ago and has stopped eating since. here is a link to show said injury.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...und-infection-prevention.683565/#post-7695446

this water is great. no ammonia or nitrite, nitrate less than 20 ppm. pH roughly 7 and temp 78-80F. the wound has healed well so far but is not complete. in the last week or so the fish has been more active, coming to the glass to see me, begging for food, etc. when i try to feed it a) it will no longer come to the surface for pellets b) shrimp is mouthed and spit out. he chewed it a few days ago but nothing will stay down. i read that using garlic on the food can help. i am unclear on how to go about this. soak food in store bough minced garlic?? dice clove of garlic and rub on food? any tips or clarification will help, thx!

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
There are various methods one can use, including using commercial garlic flavor enhancing products sold in the aquarium trade. Personally I would try presoaking some pellets in the juice of frozen blood worms. That's always been a sure fire way of triggering a feed response for me, when attempting to pellet train wild or uber finicky fish.

Fish on Fire

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Visalia/Berkeley, California
Ouch, looked at your thread. It's why, when I want to, I only use rocks that I pick up from the riverbed. They're smooth, for the most part, and won't cause too much damage if a fish spooks. I mainly go bare with just a thin layer of sand now though.

Has the wound healed completely yet?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store