Bloated flowerhorn

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Some ZZ breeds have bulged or bloated stomach from birth or through genes itself for example the turbo bloodline of SRD. Consider this too and if he is not pooping I would change 30% water and add bit of rock salt, bit of epsom salt and some prime or stress removal liquid (optional) and observe his behavior.

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Don't do anything with needles unnecessary hassle and will stress the fish even more. What is the temperature of the water ? I would recommend 28° Celsius

Franktheflowerhorn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2019
Yeah his tanks on 29 degrees. Think he might have bacterial infection so just ordered some yellow powder for him. He’s pooing as of yesterday but it’s like fibres notstringy just looks not right. Doing regular water changes also just upgraded my external filter to a bigger one for better filtration. He’s got fin rot too so added fin rot stuff yesterday. Thankyou for replying I appreciate it!

Franktheflowerhorn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2019
We’ve had him since a fry his belly has always bloated after food but never to the point that he is now as it normally sorts out when he poops no luck as of yet though

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Yeah his tanks on 29 degrees. Think he might have bacterial infection so just ordered some yellow powder for him. He’s pooing as of yesterday but it’s like fibres notstringy just looks not right. Doing regular water changes also just upgraded my external filter to a bigger one for better filtration. He’s got fin rot too so added fin rot stuff yesterday. Thankyou for replying I appreciate it!
Without knowing the base problem don't just pour meds it will just worsen and if you are doing regular water changes do small not too large volume.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store