Blood Parrots, King Kongs & Gold/Green Severum mix?

Robert_Lu999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Need advice. Do Blood Parrots & King Kongs mix well with Gold Severums? I would like to put some colour in my tank. I have about 15 Blood Parrots and 3 King Kongs.

Currently in the tank are:

one 30 cms silver arowana.
15 BPs - various sizes - 5 to 12cms.
3 KKPs - 10cms
7 Clown Loaches - 10cms.
2 Gold Spot Pleco - 25 & 30cms.

I am looking to get about 10 juvie Gold Severums to mix. Will the fish mix work? Does anyone have experience with this mix? Also thinking of adding 4 Green severums down the track if it will work.

Any thoughts, recommendations, issues I should be made aware of?

The Tank will be a standard 6, 2, 2 footer.

Cheers

Robert_Lu999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
Sydney, Australia
The Tank will be a standard 6, 2, 2 footer.

I know its small for the number of fishes - however, I do plan to remove/sell the aggressive and poor colouration fishes as they grow to another tank.

Robert_Lu999

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 19, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Fishfreak - the tank will be set up around xmas - i will post some pics.

But to the question - can Gold Severums be kept with BPS? I worried they are the type of fishes which like to nip on other fishes.

mrlimpet

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2005
san francisco
Robert_Lu999;2411527; said:
Fishfreak - the tank will be set up around xmas - i will post some pics.

But to the question - can Gold Severums be kept with BPS? I worried they are the type of fishes which like to nip on other fishes.
i woud say yes. though i've never kept sevs myself, i know of several hobbyists that keep sevs and BPs together, though not in the numbers you're discussing.

i imagine it'd be like an lfs where the tank is just so crowded that it's impossible for one fish to target another without getting distracted.

fishnut

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
pa
yes, red severum will work well with bps and kkp as long as the kkp don't form pairs because they will rule the tank.

You have too many fish for a small tank. With that many fish, your dominant fish will show good color while the others will not and it will be hard to tell which fish will turn out good because they are not in optimum condition..ie.....tank space.

I have found that green and red shoulder severum are meaner then the red severums.

Make sure the severum are not too small that your aro will eat them or be dominated by the kkps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store