Bloodworms to pellets

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
I've got a couple kelberi that aren't quite eating straight pellets yet.

1)get your pellets and thaw out your bw cubes.
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1379348712.511132.jpg

2)crush up your pellets
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1379348747.508955.jpg

3)add em to your thawed bw cubes
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1379348789.262220.jpg

4)I use tons of pellets to the amount of bloodworms so I add water til it's pastey.
ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1379348857.585659.jpg

Stir it up and put in the fridge.
This lasts my 2 kels a few days. It's basically all pellets. I've been upping the amount of pellets every few days. It stays in the fridge and I add water as needed to keep it dough like in consistency.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
I use the same method but I freeze it back so that when I drop it in the tank it floats and slowly sinks in pieces as it thaws.

Reactions: Drumm22

shelbybmc

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2013
Avon, NY
This is what I do. I start cutting the frozen BW into little chunks frozen and drop them in one at a time. Once they start hitting those chunks then I go on and mix and re freeze. Then its Back into pieces but obviously its the pellet mixture. Then randomly throw in a similar sized pellet and it usually worked. Only done this once though.

PS. This should be a sticky cause it works great!

I use the same method but I freeze it back so that when I drop it in the tank it floats and slowly sinks in pieces as it thaws.

bassguy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Limbo
X2, I freeze mine into strips then break into pieces that look like food sticks, the shape helps me get them on food sticks and then they'll eat Massivore no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Good stuff G this is the only method I have used that works learned it from you OG's on here:)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Comanswoodwork

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2012
Pa
I tried this method a little differently this week with great results and far less mess. I got some massivore pellets and cut them into 4 pieces each and piled them on a plate. Then I put a frozen block of bloodworms on top of the pellets and waited for it to completely melt over them. I took the bloodworms off and gave them to another tank of fish and fed the soaked pellet pieces to my 4-5 inch ocells and they are sucking them up. Ill try unsoaked pieces in a few days to see how it goes.

Reactions: DIYMFK71
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store