Blue Acara - damage/cloudy eye Suggestions please

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
After getting home from work today I was looking at my tanks and noticed that the female of my Blue Acara pair had some damage and a cloudy eye on one side of her face.

I have never seen the male give chase or attack her and the only other tank mate is an Albino BN Pleco. I did have a 7" hoplarchus psittacus (true parrot) in with them for a day but re-homed him to another tank after I saw that he was giving the pair a hard time. He did fight with both of them but I do not remember this damage from a few days ago and if it was caused by the Parrot, it has definitely gotten worse.

Current plan is to raise tank temp up to 82f (it's at 78.5f now) and maybe add a bit of salt, along with a daily 50% water change for the next week straight.

Params are as listed:

Nitrite: 0
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: less than 5ppm
PH: 7.2

sorry for the quick cell pic:

The damage is right above the eye, it looks as if she has lost some scales there as its white and rough. The eye is hazy/cloudy but not completely white. Her other eye and side are just fine.

Any other ideas?

Any other solutions?

Thanks in advance for any comments or info.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
How is it doing by now? If it's looking better by now it will probably heal fine

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store