Blue-finned Convict Cichlid

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
Thanks for posting. How big would you say that he is in the photo?
BTW, I like your funny tag line - so true!
He was probably around 4" at the time. I got rid of them a long time ago, with the exception of the female in the earlier pic posted. She just went out a couple weekends ago, along with a bunch of other stuff I didn't end up having to get rid of...lol. She was in with a blue hrp con and needless to say, some of those spawn were pretty interesting also.

Reactions: tlindsey and Ekona

neontetraking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 18, 2020
cool

Reactions: tlindsey

Ekona

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 5, 2020
He was probably around 4" at the time. I got rid of them a long time ago, with the exception of the female in the earlier pic posted. She just went out a couple weekends ago, along with a bunch of other stuff I didn't end up having to get rid of...lol. She was in with a blue hrp con and needless to say, some of those spawn were pretty interesting also.
Time to get those F2 siquia going!! lol

Ozzie73

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2019
Time to get those F2 siquia going!! lol
lol..right! I am setting back up now and pulling a pair to breed. I totally forgot to get back with you on locale and I apologize. They're out of Costa Rica.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
My first post here. I really enjoy this forum. Excellent content and the forum theme is great.

I recently acquired this pair of a blue-finned convict cichlid. They are of unknown province or location. Some well-respected and knowledgeable breeders have suggested they are a very clean form of A. nigrofasciata or A. siquia, not appearing to be a washed out HRP or hybrid HRP x nigrofasciata. I tend to agree. They have very good body form, markings and colors. There are in fact, in the wild, naturally occurring A. nigrofasciata (as identified by field researchers) with blue fins that are not HRP or hybrids, just naturally occurring color morphs. Here are some photos. Enjoy.View attachment 1418147

View attachment 1418148

View attachment 1418149

View attachment 1418150

View attachment 1418151

View attachment 1418152
VERY pretty!!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I'll have to find location info on the siquia. It was just shy of forever ago when I got the F1's. Unfortunately got rid of the breeders because of a relocation that ended up getting screwed up by this covid crap. So now I have F2 growouts left. I'm getting ready to get my nanolutea set up in a breeding tank shortly. I didn't put them together due to the relocation that was supposed to happen. I got rid of a lot of my stuff I'm regretting...lol.
?

• Sad
Reactions: neontetraking
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store