Blue severum???

mattsoccer20

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2011
Brighton MI
Hi fish keepers. I was wondering if anyone knew if there was such thing as a blue severum? Or something close to that like a turquoise or somthing? I have seen green, gold and some others. But if anyone knows if there is such thing as a blue or turquose severum please help me out and post the name and picture please to. Oh and if you want to post a list of types of severums that would be great. Thanks:)

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
There is a turquoise severum, it's just the standard color severum you will see in a LFS. The nicest severums are the less seen types... Sp. Rotkeil, notatus, etc.

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
hey, i have a severum, not entirely sure what kind it is... its similar looking to a turquoise (same color) but its spots going down its body are all red. any idea what it is?

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Hmm, interesting. Looks like a wild type coloration of the standard Heros severus but the spots throw me off a bit.

I'm not an expert on the genus by any means, if you post those pictures in the CA/SA Cichlid subforum I'm sure someone with specific knowledge on IDing them can help you. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store