Blue Star Leopard Wrasse Feeding video

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
Got myself a new Wrasse, and oddly enough, got her eating the next day that she had arrived. After being added to a new tank, most complain about not seeing this Wrasse specifically (as well sand other species that tend to tuck away in the sand bed) for days, or sometimes weeks. Granted, she did hide the night she arrived, but was back out the next day not too long after the lights came on. Eating, and out swimming with he others-beautiful coloring as well. Very cool wrasse, recorded a video the other day of her eating Cyclops.
[YT]NAJvVi8dFgo[/YT]

Some pics:
100_3278.JPG100_3279.JPG100_3280.JPG

100_3278.JPG

100_3279.JPG

100_3280.JPG

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
Beautiful wrasse my friend! I just got myself at nice melanarus wrasse. And he is pounding whatever I put in the tank
Beautiful Wrasse, just had to do a quick search myself. Guess I'll have to see what different species I can order in from work-might be one to try. Have another 55-Gallon setup for SW to try another group of Wrasse, just for territorial issues, as I know that I cant put too much into the original tank, being just a 55-gallon. I'm pushing it as it is :p lol
Thanks!
Holo how is the wrasse?
Just got back from a four day trip (other family home, so fish were taken care of, just without me to observe), and she was out an about looking for food! Everyone looks good, no problems. She does seem to enjoy sitting in the small patch of Green Star Polyps-seems like similar behavior to that of a Clownfish hosting an anemone.

Hoyo12

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2009
WI
fishsanctuary.webs.com
Saw him chasing after flakes today-hopefully that will be his next step for food. Also stopped by work, and we had a Melanarus Wrasse in one of the tanks....I found that fairly odd, lol, but I didn't get him. Wasn't out, and didn't feel like looking while being on 'vacation'. But anyway, everyone is looking good!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store