Borneo Tigers / Samatra Tigers

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
All of them came under the scientific name of Datnoid Microlepis, 2 of them labeled Borneo Tigers and 2 of them labeled Sumatra Tigers..

is there a difference?( because i don't see it yet ) Can they, being out of Borneo and of Sumatra, fall under the microlepis "title"??

Are Microlepis the Indo's?

I am a total beginner in Dats...:)

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Miguel;831444; said:
All of them came under the scientific name of Datnoid Microlepis, 2 of them labeled Borneo Tigers and 2 of them labeled Sumatra Tigers..

is there a difference?( because i don't see it yet ) Can they, being out of Borneo and of Sumatra, fall under the microlepis "title"??

Are Microlepis the Indo's?

I am a total beginner in Dats...:)
Yes both sumatran and borneo tigers are D. Microlepis. There isnt much difference other than where they were collected. ive seen some batches of babies where the sumatran tigers more commonly had 3 stripes on one side and 4 on the other. but its fairly common in the borneo tigers too.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
islander671;831492; said:
Yes both sumatran and borneo tigers are D. Microlepis. There isnt much difference other than where they were collected. ive seen some batches of babies where the sumatran tigers more commonly had 3 stripes on one side and 4 on the other. but its fairly common in the borneo tigers too.
So they're all Indos' right? Albeit Borneo's or Sumatrans, they're, the 4 of them Indo's corect?:)

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Miguel;831495; said:
So they're all Indos' right? Albeit Borneo's or Sumatrans, they're, the 4 of them Indo's corect?:)

Yes sir, all indos. would love to see some pics. have you tried getting them to eat yet?

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
They picked at red mosquito larvae...not one of them is stable and as soon as I go into the room the tank is in they go berserk...i'll have to wait for them to calm down.

Is there a trick to get them to eat well and grow quicklier?

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Miguel;831691; said:
They picked at red mosquito larvae...not one of them is stable and as soon as I go into the room the tank is in they go berserk...i'll have to wait for them to calm down.

Is there a trick to get them to eat well and grow quicklier?
Im not aware of any tricks to get baby dats to eat well. i just try to keep their conditions as comfortable as possible and let nature take its course. Im sure that once they are more settled they will start to eat better. I feed mine bloodworms and crushed tetramonster pellets.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store