Bowfin starving it self

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
My bowfin has not eaten in a long time. I notice he is visibly thin and I don’t know y he won’t eat. I try to feed him bloodworms he’s used to love bloodworms but haven’t eaten in at least a month. The endlich I have with the bowfin as his only tank mate eats just fine. They are in a 76 gallon tank which is big enough at the moment. I have a 220 downstairs to put them in later please help

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My bowfin has not eaten in a long time. I notice he is visibly thin and I don’t know y he won’t eat. I try to feed him bloodworms he’s used to love bloodworms but haven’t eaten in at least a month. The endlich I have with the bowfin as his only tank mate eats just fine. They are in a 76 gallon tank which is big enough at the moment. I have a 220
downstairs to put them in later please help
Personally never kept Bowfin but hopes it starts eating again. Did you try to feed anything else besides the Bloodworms?https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/bowfin-species-profile.443730/

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

John2708

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
nottinghamshire,uk
never kept bowfins as there illegal here but my hard to feed fish always take live insects have you tried crickets, earthworms, locusts you can gut load them so the fish gets all the nutrition they need my cobra snakeheads exclusively eat bugs won't touch anything else

Reactions: MrDuckBootz
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store