Brackish to Salt inquiry

xspainx69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2007
Queens,NY
I am having trouble getting my panther grouper to eat....everyone else seems willing to eat the live bloodworms. Any ideas?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
xspainx69;3201982; said:
Ok so I went to my lfs and they told me to treat my tank with something called "Kick Ick". Appearantly this is the better alternative than copper because they said it was safer for scaless fish.

im weary of all "reef-safe" ich meds... if it's not going to kill a delicate coral how can it kill a raging protist?

i used rid-ick (or something similar) from Kordon
A) stunk like hell
B) stained my silicone
C) didn't work

for FW baths, just make sure the pH and temp are the same and you should be fine.
dip for at least 3 minutes

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
xspainx69;3204140; said:
I am having trouble getting my panther grouper to eat....everyone else seems willing to eat the live bloodworms. Any ideas?
Panther grouper are highly carnivores and demand something than bloodworms...well from what I know. Try feeding it FW ghost shrimp or ghost shrimp from the baitshop which ever the size of your panther is. Although beware, ghost shrimp from bait shop aren't the same. They are sand shrimp. A piece of clean squid always help...

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
mussels work miracles

xspainx69

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2007
Queens,NY
BIG_ONE;3207966; said:
sorry for the lost...:(

I think I know what may have sprung this up to occur in my tank. I purchased 6 saltwater fishes and put them all in at the same time. I drip acclimated them...But what i am thinking is that the stress played a huge role because it was many fish going in to a new home at one time..:confused:

BIG_ONE

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2008
California
Hmm, maybe. But try to add a certain species at a time. Unless adding them together to reduce the chance of aggression in the future then go for it. Other wise, it may be wise to add 1 species at a time. Does your LFS have guaranteed for SW?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store