Breeding Elongatus?

CrypticSins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
Mississippi
Um, I would like to be able to have lil baby Elongatus, but I know they are very "intolerant" to other fish, but yet, there has to be a way to let them coexist atleast for a short amount of time, like with Bettas. Is this something I should look into further or save myself from losing the one I have or the one I would have to buy.

:banhim: :screwy: :banhim:

hibkrhom

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
I have no experience with breeding p's but you can try posting at piranha-fury. I haven't heard of anyone breeding elongs but there are members that had rbp breed.
Hope this helps

patriotsfan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2006
no idea
the only kind of p that people get to breed is reds. other than that its rare to get any other kind to breed. it has been done but not to often. it would take a huge ass tank to make something like this even possible.

Icemann

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2006
Montana
I really would not waste your money or fish on trying this. No one to my knowalge has ever breed Elongs in the home aquarium. Dont waste your time man. Haveing one Elong is still very very cool. :grinyes:

SiestaSkyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Brooklyn, MI
agreed, good luck. cool fish though, how much did you spend on yours?

CrypticSins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
Mississippi
SiestaSkyy said:
agreed, good luck. cool fish though, how much did you spend on yours?
Well I live in the Southern Part of the US.. :eek:

So I paid a bit more for mine $125 ~ 4-5''plus the shipping.

CrypticSins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
Mississippi
Icemann said:
I really would not waste your money or fish on trying this. No one to my knowalge has ever breed Elongs in the home aquarium. Dont waste your time man. Haveing one Elong is still very very cool. :grinyes:
Yes the Elong Rocks, he has some Dominating issues I think... For some reason any feeder fish I put in there, he may not eat it right then, but he will bite their tail off.... ALWAYS, every feeder fish that he hasn't eaten right away swims around with no tail until it is seen no more... Kinda odd / funny.. :ROFL:

JtSkales7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
Hillsboro, Nh
You can breed most pygo's and some serra's but i doubt a elong and if you could, you would need a monster tank because all elong I believe are wild caught. Another problem is the inability to tell sex, but it doesnt mean it's impossible to breed them. But just keep in mind its not on your wishes they will breed, its thier own.

SiestaSkyy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 11, 2006
Brooklyn, MI
"You can breed most pygo's and some serra's ...."

who told you that? i've never heard of anyone breeding anything other then a RB.

JtSkales7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2006
Hillsboro, Nh
ya i correct myself not most but there have been cases of caribe and piraya breeding but the cases are few and far between... I apologize.. Take a look in the p-fury breeding section you might find a case or two

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store