breeding largemouth bass

dzb912

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2007
illinois
i dont think this is possible
before thinking about breeding it would be smart to learn the basics of these fish.
they need atleast a 220 gallon tank
if not even bigger than that!
i would say 300g for breeding
but if you want to increase your chances i would go with a pond
mabey like a 500g outdoor pond
or better yet
just go catch a bunch of baby bass like i did
alot easier
the baby bass where everywhere 3 months ago
but they all went towards the middle now thats its getting a bit cooler
good luck!

gar man

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
iowa
lol i got a baby bass! i was at a local pond and i saw a little 2 in bass and i dived in after it :p i got it brought it home put it into my fish tank and the gars ate him...the bass wasnt happy but the gar was lol

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
LMB are going to need a pond to breed. A 20, 40L won't even work as a long term home, let alone spawn.

amazonlover

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2007
Courtland, VA, US
www.facebook.com
well i am not so sure but i have 4 largemouth bass in a 55 gallon tank right now, i plan on putting them in my 125 later. They seem to be doing fine. I plan on building a lot bigger tank in the spring. That is my plan to see if they will breed. I have had them for a little over a month. I would not recommend trying to keep these fish unless you can feed them. They are about 3 1/2in. and i spend $20 a month to feed them right now. I have a few breeding sets of convicts to help me out, cause it will get expendsive. So i will let you know how they do.

gar man

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
iowa
i can get my minnows for free because i work at a bait shop :D let us knwow jhow it goes!

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Breeding lmb in tank is almost impossible unless you have 1,000gal outdoor pond outside. You will need conditoning your female bass first. The chances that the female might will kill the male bass if she wasnt in "spawning" mode. What you doing with the fry if they sucessfully bred? Not release in waterways or sell bass withour permit. Plus its pretty illegal for you net/seine bass out of the waterways. Check out your laws of Iowa.

But i thought you were giving up the natives?:screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store