Breeding projects?

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Australian Lungfish
Red Finned Blue Ey
Lake Eacham Rainbowfish from lake eacham, an extinct in the wild species. (I already am trying to breed them but I need more fresh blood)
Saratoga Jardini
Saratoga leichardti
Black Tandan
Blue and Gold Macaw and Varanus Prasinus - You didn't say just fish haha!

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Banded leporinus
Amazon puffer
Bala sharks
Blacktip reef sharks

Reactions: esoxlucius

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Definitely arboreal varanids, possibly V. kingorium, Mehelya crossi (very underrated colubrid in my opinion), definitely Old World ratsnakes (always wanted to keep a lot of bamboo rat snake species), and maybe some other uncommon colubrid species. As for fish, definitely Tatia galaxias, Tatia orca, Tatia perugiae, and a couple other species of woodcats, at least 40 species of Loricaria, and most apisto species.

Reactions: Deadeye

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Money no object eh?

Due to their current extortionate price, even for tiny skinny little individuals, without a shadow of a doubt my choice would be clown loach!!

I'd open a breeding facility that large and state of the art I'd single handedly breed that many that the global price of them would plummet, helping clown loach enthusiasts worldwide.

And with the rest of my billions I'd research some of the most endangered fish species on the planet, and breed those too, so that they were in a better state.

And then I'd gladly receive the Nobel Prize for conservation, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Jexnell and Deadeye

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
mudskippers would be cool and i love loaches like gobius wui. Such interesting breeding behaviour.
rays would be nice, ropeeels. I used to breed frogs sadly i dont have the space anymore. But salamanders and frogs would be awesome.

Sadly most tanks need to be ugly for breeding. I dont wane throw in 1000 small balls in an empty tank so the eggs fall in a place were they wont get eaten.

Reactions: Deadeye

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
I would buy a warehouse, set up like 50 55 gallons and start a breeding project breeding various tetras, a approach to breeding small fish, and comparing success rates.
Then i would make a chart of the types of tetras that bred the best.

eon aquatics

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2021
Perhaps a project setting up two 200 gallons, one very natural and heavily planted and the other with only a few rocks and little gravel.
Put the same type and number of fish in each one and keep the water quality as good as possible, comparing the results of the fish success breeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store