as you can see in the pic, the leaves will eventually broaden out

and no, i dont have that plant or fish anymore

IM000393.JPG

IM000306.JPG

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Thats a really nice swordplant you have there.

CrypticSins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2006
Mississippi
Sorry this post is prolly way behind when you first posted, but I had the SAME problem, I had the broadleaf sword plant and the leaves turned kinda borwnish and I clipped them and the long narrow ones have grow in place and the plant has totally flourished and is healthy as can be, just not what I purchased.. *shurgs*

racialfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2006
omaha nebraska
When I first had my 55 planted tank my sword plant stayed at about a foot high and its leaves what you guys said, Someone told me I wasn't added enough iron in my ferts so I added more and put some laterite towards the roots of the plant and it is now growing out my tank and the leaves rarely die or turn yellow.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Sorry this post is prolly way behind when you first posted, but I had the SAME problem, I had the broadleaf sword plant and the leaves turned kinda borwnish and I clipped them and the long narrow ones have grow in place and the plant has totally flourished and is healthy as can be, just not what I purchased.. *shurgs*
That's exactly what I mean. My plants are completely healthy, but the leaves changed shape, and no one can explain why they do that.

Mr.Geoff

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2004
St.Louis
That's exactly what I mean. My plants are completely healthy, but the leaves changed shape, and no one can explain why they do that.
i explained why in the first page. they change leaves from emersed growth into submerged. swords are grown above water at the plant farms then they have to change over to emersed when they go into the tank. thats why the melt and fall apart then come back

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
i explained why in the first page. they change leaves from emersed growth into submerged. swords are grown above water at the plant farms then they have to change over to emersed when they go into the tank. thats why the melt and fall apart then come back

Oh, yes, I see that now. Thanks for the info, it all makes sense now.:cool-1:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store