Bronx Zoo 7/17/11 pics

Gene0514

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2008
Staten Island, NY
Here is an album of pics I took yesterday while at the Bronx zoo. Their setups are mostly nice but some are lacking and need improvement. Two examples are the lungfish tank and the Pyxie Frog tank. Also the Aruba rattlesnake that you will see in the album seemed pretty emaciated.

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t171/Gene0514/Bronx Zoo/

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Thanks for sharing. Didn't know there was really a Bronx zoo, thought it was just a Yankee's thing.

kdrun76

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2009
CT
I spent some time "behind the scenes" in their reptile house about 2 years ago. They had tortoises in there that were the offspring of those that Charles Darwin himself brought back to England. It was an incredible tour, considering how little interest I have in herps, that says a LOT.

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
Thanks for sharing. Didn't know there was really a Bronx zoo, thought it was just a Yankee's thing.
The Bronx zoo is definitely the best in New York. When I was in high school (one of the country's top 15) our animal behavior class went there every week! I believe it is also one of the oldest zoos in New York. The New York Aquarium has it beat for aquatic animals though. Despite its size, almost every exhibit is interesting and has something to learn. Except the sharks aren't very impressive. I commend both the Bronx zoo and the New York Aquarium on their efforts to emphasize education in addition to entertainment. It's a delicate balance for any public institution.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
i love the Bronx Zoo, great pics.. i have not been there since i was a kid.. i think it is time for another trip... thanks for sharing

coura

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
europe
Hummmmm nice, however I expected more to be honest, for such cutting edge zoological facility.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store