Brown spots

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
I have been in this hobby for the last 5 years and I have never seen Brown spots on my fish. YesterdaY I noticed a couple really small brown spots on my Blood Parrots head at first I wondered if they where always there but then noticed them on my other Blood Parrot today. the tank has been set up for 4 years and I do 30% water changes twice a week. in the tank there are also a Reticuleted Ray a pair of Emperor Sharks a 12-13" Pleco and an Arowana. Any Ideas what it is and how to treat it?

xFLEAxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
New Jersey
those might be ammonia burns. Test the ammonia and do 50% water changes until the ammonia level is back to normal. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
There is a disease called "Black Spot", where symptoms are small, 2mm, black or brown spots. This usually happens to coldwater fish though. Hmmm...

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
don't think it's ammonia burns, cause the retic will feel it first. try bumping up the temp.

xFLEAxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
New Jersey
yeah just try doing an ammonia test and also bump up the temperature as said above. Riasing the temperature can kill alot of bacteria and virus's that you dont want in your tank. Keep us posted and Good Luck.

xFLEAxx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2008
New Jersey
try bumping up the temperature to 84-85 a slight change can make a big difference.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store