Bucephalandra

redchaser

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2008
louisiana
www.redchaser.com
Post some photos if you like. I'd like to see the B. Hades.
I should have my 5 new species coming in today.
Sorry for the blurry, low quality pictures. I had to shoot them with my phone through glass and water. Top is the Blue Green being photo bombed by my Scarlet Badis. Bottom is the Hades. They are both very small right now, but putting on new leaves. I didn't notice when I first got it, but apparently the blue green had a little BBA on it. I've been spot treating it with Excell and it's retreating and hasn't shown up anyplace else. buce blue green.jpg buce hades.jpg

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
How's the growth on these guys. I've been seeing the popularity of these plants lately, but they are quite pricey for a little plant. I hear they're pretty similar to Anubias.

bottles

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2007
canada
How's the growth on these guys. I've been seeing the popularity of these plants lately, but they are quite pricey for a little plant. I hear they're pretty similar to Anubias.
The growth rate is similar to Anubias. I have simple low light setups, and I get a new leaf every week. The Silver powder seems to flower every 3 weeks or so. I've kept Anubias for years and I've only had 2 flower for me. The prices are coming down, but they are still quite expensive. Some resemble Anubias and some are more Crypt-like.

I've never really been able to see the appeal of Buce, myself. I guess I'm just more of an Anubias guy...
To each their own. I have about 8 species of Anubias as well and I enjoy both. A number of the Buces resemble Anubias with a blue or purple shine to them. It's hard to capture that shine with photos, but it is nice to have some extra color in the tank.

jay973

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2014
Northern Jersey
I have a number of these species myself and there immersed growth was more appealing to me than the submersed. Transitioning them to submersed can be a delicate matter as well if the original cutting doesn't have good roots. At least that's been my suspicion where I've lost a few species purchased that were way too small.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store