Budget lighting

TheFishDodo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2018
A 30 gallon is not a large enough tank for a sting ray, I attended a talk by one of the foremost experts on stingrays who said the smallest tanks stingrays should be housed in, is at least 300 gallons as adults.
Any light will grow algae if your nitrates are not diluted with water changes.
For most tanks with low light plants, I use shop lights from the local hardware store, sometimes 2 per tank way less than $50.
There is a light called a Finnex Stingray I would never even think of keeping a stingray in a 30 gallon maybe a 300 but not a 30.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
If that were me Id select from the LED suggestions and call it a day. I think all are good for aesthetics and functional fir low light plants. For lowlight plants, Im a fan if nana petite too.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Honestly I’ve listened to Fish Tank Travis Fish Tank Travis and got those beamswork light on my current tank. Because decision ever. I bought a 48” for a 72” long tank one is plentiful and they work bad ass not to mention they are extremely affordable and you can get with a controller/timer for less than a $100 bucks

Jozi81

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
sweden
In my opinion chihiros leds are far better than beamswork. For the money you dont find better light.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store