Building a 1700 gallon Shark Tank by black tip

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
black tip;887009; said:
First off, a big thank you to everyone who has complimented my tank! The tank was truly a joy to own, and was problem free the whole time.

As it turns out, my family outgrew our old home before the sharks outgrew the tank! It was time to move, and I couldn't take it with me. I'd always known that the tank would be "hit or miss" when it was time to sell the house. Many people who came to see the house were intimidated by the tank. Most felt it would be too much work to care for. I made it known that I would be willing to remove the tank before sale, but the buyer decided they wanted to keep it.

A few months later, the buyer contacted me looking to get rid of the sharks. Seems they decided they would rather have the floor space, than the tank. The sharks were given to a local shark enthusiast with many years of experience, and multiple tanks. I contacted Phixer (also local) and told him where he could find lots of parts for free, if he'd be willing to tear down the tank.

The tank was tore down, and as they say, the rest is history.:(
So sad, but glad to find the reason. No need to answer my prior question.

andytkopp

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2011
Pierre
do you have any problems with the blacktip trying to eat the others, i'm sure this has been asked before and if so I'm sorry

drewmprs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
California
Was it really torn down 6 months after it was built??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store